Sunday 25 July 2010

DO remember it as the best time of your life

Rain, beans on toast and the Post Office lady telling me in no uncertain terms that no I may not borrow some I have to buy my own sellotape.... oh yes, I’m back in Blighty and 5 months of travelling has finally come to an end. It’s been fascinating, intoxicating, both hilarious and saddening, calming and exhilarating.... and by far the best thing I’ve ever done in my life.

I’ve seen things I never thought I’d see, done things I never thought I could do and found a smile in places I’d never thought to look. I’ve come face to face with an elephant, danced with ladyboys and been carried across mountains by a tribal granny. Asia truly is an amazing place and it’s filled with some of the most interesting, bright and open people I’ve ever met.

If you’ve ever thought of going somewhere new, somewhere different, somewhere you’ve never been before.... do it. I can guarantee you will never regret it. There’s a whole world out there- and life’s too short.

Thanks for reading everyone- I’ll keep blogging about any new adventures that come my way and post the links on here as soon as they’re up and running so make sure to check back every now and again.

Bye for now,

Katie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment